Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The house of pain.

  As in pain in the butt.  This house mold showed me the limits of my plastic pushing ability. It simply was not able to fill all the cavities. I tried every trick I could, stretching things to the limit and it still could not do it.  There was a little Scottish voice shouting at me from down in side the machine- "She can't take it Captain! She's going to blow."  I exhausted my extensive vocabulary of profanities to no avail. In the end I wound up filling in the chimney cavity and making the building without a chimney.  It still turned out OK, and it is nice and thick. It will be nice to mangle with pliers and make ruins. I made a box of them and they are in the store now.
   Also, I will be doing a few more custom sprues so my own stuff is going to be sporadic. I really want to do the Amazons, but it seems that it is going to be hard to seperate the torso at the waist without a nice thick belt or something.  And what sort of gamer wants Amazons without the classic beach wear armor? I am going to keep at it, but it does not look like I will make Christmas.
   Here is the latest work on the Mk2 Trencher tank.  Sponsons are removable and there are 3 weapon variants for hull and sponsons.  The ribs supports in the corner might be impossible to mill, but I will give it a go.  Going to have a short siege gun, long barrel gun and maybe even a multi-barrel mini gun.

  This is going to be my next mold, IF things go right- ( and that never happens) it should be available soon.

   It has occured to me that if I had a few clones around here I could get more done. But- what is to keep them from forming an alliance and overthrowing my rule?  Until then what gets done gets done. Better to have too much to do than a swarm of murderous clones treacherously plotting against me.

  Take care folks, will post again when anything of note happens.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the House of Pain! I just ordered a handful. Can't wait to see them IRL. I like the looks of the new Trencher also. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete