I noticed an unusual spike in hits when I checked the blog. In the stats section it indicated that most of them came from a forum called Dakka Dakka. I have been on there a few times looking for rumors when the new version of WFB was being released. Thanks to whoever posted a link there. To answer a few questions; battletech bases would be easy, I just need to know the size. I have also been planning to do a base for 3.5" action figures with a small post to stand them up on for display. The trencher tank measures 2" long and 2" wide to the outside of the sponsons, the roller is 2" wide and 1.25" tall. And I have gotten several requests to do 6mm stuff. Will put it on my list.
I am planning on completing a range of alternate history WW1 vehicles in the near future, so that will be my primary goal. Infantry in greatcoats and masks to go with the vehicles is also something I want to do. To make things even more hectic, I do plan to release a scattering of 28mm multi-poses if possible.
Cutting out the stalker today I took time to paint up a few of my little tanks. The one in the middle has the driver hatch open. It looks neat but I do not think it shows up too well.
Here is a pic of the stalker prototype. The tracks are a little different on the new one. It comes with a short barrel if you want to make a normal version. I like the one shot-one kill armor destroyer gun.
Monday, April 18, 2011
I had some issues with the nitrogen. It is pretty good stuff, but getting the ratio down is tricky. Also, the stuff sometimes keeps on swelling even after it comes out of the mold. I got a pile of pregnant looking roller tanks setting in a pile. If for some reason you might want a swollen bodied roller, send me a message with your order and I will throw in an extra body while supplies last. I had to go back through all the tanks and pick out the bad ones. Grrrrrrr.
The good part about the nitrogen is it seems to allow me to create larger solids than previously without shrinkage. I had to fight with the alignment again, but I think it is acceptable.
I think I will cut a new tank on Tuesday. With the new 90 pin die and a bag of nitrogen I am feeling stupidly optomistic.
Will post more when something happens.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
I have been wondering about what is a good price for a 15mm tank, given how much it takes to make them. I am going to sell them in a platoon of 3 for $10 via the webstore. I had not realized how much the various fees would run up on E-bay and the web site costs, etc. The ones I list on E-bay I am going to charge $11 for to help defray the cost of E-bay fees.
Not sure how that is going to work out, but it is still 3 tanks for the price of one Flames of War tank. It is even less than Old Glory too.
I got the wheeled roller tank setting ready to go soon. I ran some prototypes of it the other day and plan to make a production run for inventory in the next few days. The tank destroyer with the huge gun will be up next for a new mold and then an APC and self propelled massive artillery piece. I might make another sponsoned main battle tank too, because I had another design that looked pretty neat.
I am also getting mildly excited about my slot car angle and plan on making stuff for that too.
Anyhow, that is the latest from the barn workshop.
Monday, April 4, 2011
These were made with the old fixed pin ejectors. I am running a new trencher tank mold for the adjustable pin die assembly. Unfortunately, the CNC started making a bit too much noise so I shut it down to do some work on the drive asembly. If everything would just work right all the time things would be more pleasant.
After trying for too many times to find someone to design models, I think I am just going to knuckle down and do the work myself. I have everything down except hair and hands. The hair could be solved with some snappy hats and perhaps mittens will make an appearance in a distant galaxy. Actually, it would be best if I knew how to do each step of the process, so time to get busy.